Printer functionality is now available with OTG Creator
The POS system in the OTG Creator App now has the ability to print order tickets. This will allow you to print all processed/accepted orders if that's something you are used to for running your operations.
To set up the OTG Creator App for print you will need to:
1 - Make sure your hardware (Printer) is supported
2 - Pair your printer with your tablet
3 - Pair your printer with the OTG Creator App (video here)
4 - Learn how to manage your print operations
5 - Know how to troubleshoot
- Make sure your hardware (Printer) is supported
Currently we support all the following printers:
- Star Micronics
- MC-Print 3
- Coming soon:
- Pair your printer with your tablet (How to video available here)
- Follow the instructions listed on your printer’s manual. Make sure the printer is on.
- In IOS => go to settings >> Bluetooth.
- On Android => go to settings >> connections >> Bluetooth.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is toggled on.
- Choose your printer device and pair.
- Pair your printer with the OTG Creator App
- Open the Creator App and login.
- Go to Account > Payment Terminal > Manage Devices > Printer
- The printer should automatically search for the paired printer
- From here you can confirm/select the pairing by printing the sample
- Learn how to manage your print operations
The Printer is setup by default to print tickets in these scenarios:
- Automatically after an Order Ahead order (Online Order) is confirmed.
- Automatically after an order transaction has been completed. Here, you will also have the option to reprint the ticket by way of the [Print Duplicate Order Ticket] in the “Payment Successful” Modal.
- You could also print additional tickets in the orders management section, by tapping the Kebab Icon (3 dots) top right corner and pressing “[Print Order Ticket]”
- Know how to troubleshoot
What are the actions you have to take first in case you have something wrong with your OTG Creator POS System and paired printer:
- Make sure the printer is on and paired. If you are having issues printing you may need to
- “Forget the device” in settings and repeat the pairing process.
- Close the app out and reopen it.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to the support team or send us a message here.