1. Download the Creator application on Google Play or Apple Store
Tablet versions required:
- Android 4.4 - 8.1 Software
- iOS 11 or higher
How to: Use your OTG Desktop credentials (Same as in OTG Desktop platform).
Tips: Click on the “Forgot your password” link.
3. Link your Square account
How to: If you do not have a Square account, please visit https://squareup.com/signup and follow the steps to create one.
If you do have a Square account already, let’s link it with your OTG Creator app. You will be able to access the linkage process from different places in the OTG Creator app:
- From the carousel right after signing in
- From an in-app notification, that appears at top of your screen
- From your account settings, if you have disabled all previous notifications by mistake
From there, you will have to add your username and password, and then give permission to link both platforms.
**This association is only happening for OTG events, and will not collect any other information outside of that.
Some information about Square:
- The Software is Free
- Free for the first reader; $10 for each additional one
- Payments: 2.6% + 10¢, that’s for every tapped (mobile payments), dipped (chip cards), and swiped (magstripe cards) payment.
4. Adjust your menu item(s)
If you have an existing menu that is close to what you want to serve, open it and manage all edits within the OTG Creator app or begin a new menu through the OTG Creator app.
Creating a new menu item in 4 steps:
- Starting with the general screen, where you are able to name your dish, pick up its category and write its description. Don't forget that guests are able to see all your recipes on the OTG experience app, so add as many details as possible to make people crave your food!
- The next step is about ingredients. You will add all the main ingredients that are used to create your meal, then specify some standard dietary information about it like “Vegan”, “Vegetarian”, etc.. , and then identify any potential allergens that need to be shared with our guests.
- The third part of the meal creation process is about service options. Is the serving size “small”? How is the dish prepared, and what's its price? Are there any additional options available ,like “add extra protein” or specific side dishes?
- The final step is really important. Choose a photo that closely represents your dish, and piques peoples’ curiosity!
Tip: Make sure you have all your content and pictures ready before starting the process!
5. Verify that your upcoming events are confirmed within OTG Creator
Open the OTG Creator app and click on your calendar tab. Then look at the event’s corresponding date and make sure you see it on the right side of your screen. Click on it and verify that you are signed up.
From there, you will be able to launch your terminal to start processing transactions and review past transactions after the event if necessary.
6. On the day of the event, launch your Point of Sale!
Go to the event page, select the “Booked Services” that correspond to what you’ve signed up for (Truck or other), then launch the terminal by clicking on the “Launch the terminal” button at the right bottom corner of the screen.
You can only launch the terminal a few hours before the event starts. If you try to do it several days before, the “Launch the terminal” button will not be visible.
7. Manage your orders between POS and the kitchen prep station
There are 3 ways we’d recommend managing incoming orders with your kitchen prep crew:
- Highly recommend => Use a second tablet and connect it to your OTG Creator account. From there you could have access to our “Orders” feature which could be used as a kitchen display system to follow in live all the upcoming orders.
- Write all orders on a paper and send it to your kitchen team.
- Using your own platform to send all orders to your kitchen team.
OTG Creator has been developed with the consideration that the kitchen team will have a device/tablet handy, and will be able to follow all incoming orders as they’re received in real time, including online orders.
For questions or issues on getting started, email firstname.lastname@example.org