Please keep the following tips in mind when servicing at Google or any Off the Grid events.
We must keep our hands and exposed portions of arms clean!
- Employees must wash hands as needed before handling food and after breaks, restroom usage, touching unsanitary items and between handling different types of foods (allergens to nonallergens, raw to cooked, meat to non-meat, etc.)
- Use single-use gloves when handling any ready to eat foods.
WHEN TO WASH YOUR HANDS
- Always wash your hands BEFORE:
- Starting work
- Putting on gloves, or when changing gloves
- Always wash your hands AFTER:
- Using the restroom
- Handling cleaning chemicals
- Eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking, or other tobacco use
- Handling raw meat, poultry, fish, or shell eggs
- Sneezing, coughing, blowing your nose, or using a tissue or handkerchief
- Handling money
- Touching your hair, face, body, or clothing
- Handling garbage
- Touching an open sore, cut, boil, lesion, or pimple
Always wash your hands when you enter or return to the kitchen or any other food handling area.
FOOD PREPARATION AND HANDLING
- Must have a valid food handlers cards
- At least one person inside of the truck should have a Serv Safe certificate
- No outside food allowed on the trucks/kitchens
- No open food stored or displayed at service counters
- Utensils and disposable gloves used to minimize hand/food contact
- Never use a tasting utensil more than once
- Do not taste directly over the food
- Never use your fingers to taste food
- Never use cooking utensils to taste food
- Never use bread or other food to dip and taste
EATING, DRINKING, AND SMOKING
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are only allowed in designated areas
- Chewing gum or tobacco while working is not permitted