Adding menus allows you to easily organize your items in collections. For example, let's say you are at Vallejo and Front on Monday with a menu tailored for lunch. You want to showcase the offerings that will be more appealing to this audience, typically grab and go items. In this instance, you may name that menu "Lunch Menu".
Now it's time to head to Fort Mason Center, where customers are in search of comfort food, perhaps something nice to pair with a beer. It's time to make the change to the menu with that one item one just cannot resist. You may name the menu "Dinner Menu", showcasing all the items that are great for a night out in San Francisco.
Let's get started!
Adding and Viewing Menus
- On the left top corner, click on the arrow to view more menus
- Select the menu you want to view existing menus
- If you want to add to your menu collection, click on ''add new menu''
- Add a title and a description to identify new menu
- Saving is automatic here
Now that you have named your menu, let's get into adding items!
1. Click on the top left corner to add a new menu item
2. If you are adding an item that already exists, search for "existing item" on the search bar
3. The item will automatically be added to your menu*
* note that editing existing items will change all alter menus where this item already exists
To add a new item
1. Click on the top right corner box titled "add menu item"
2. A box will appear, click on "create menu item"
3. Fill the required fields such as name, description, and category
* pro-tip: Make your description as appealing as possible, this is your chance to sell your product through words
4. If you offer any dietary options, check the boxes. Click anywhere outside the box to save.
5. Fill in the price point offered on your menu. This mainly helps the Catering team understand your price points
6. Add a photo to go with your menu, remember to pay attention to the photo requirements
* pro-tip: Menus with food photos tend to be the most popular with customers at Markets
7. Finally, preview your item before you save. This is exactly how your customer will view it on their end
8. If you are happy with your menu item, click save
9. Re-arrange the items to your liking to reflect on our website by clicking and dragging the three lines next to your menu item
*pro-tip: Have a second tab open with your profile at offthegrid.com/creators and refresh as you are making changes to view the updates
But wait, you're not quite done yet! There is one more step to always keep in mind. Although your menu is saved, to showcase online you have to remember to click on the star in order to set to default.
The golden star means you're done!