Working at Tesla is a fun experience and a unique experience! If you have ever been inside the factory, you know it can be a maze of boxes, cars, and forklifts. Security is very strict to ensure everyone's security onsite. This is why there are still guidelines and best practices we all have to follow in order to succeed.
Staffing Access To Property
We understand that it's cost effective having some staff arrive closer to serving time. However, because you need a badge or chaperone at all times while on campus, all staff must arrive at the same time. It's important you follow these staff arrival guidelines.
- Security guards working the gates receive an approved schedule daily
- Trucks on the list will be allowed access into the campus and on the property
- If staff arrives separate from the food truck, they will not be allowed access to campus
- All staff must be on the truck and enter the campus at the same time
- Failure to follow these guidelines may cause staff members to be escorted out of the property
The factory at Tesla has a lot of flammable items in different areas. The company has provided specific smoking areas if you decide to take a cigarette break. It is important to follow these rules, as you do not want to be responsible for an accident. Please, smoke responsibly.
- Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas
- Failure to not no comply with smoking could result in Tesla Security writing you up.
- This will then be sent to Off the Grid as a formal complaint and may cause removal from the program
Tesla Menu Upload
Tesla employees are now fully aware that Off the Grid is onsite. We have provided them with a website where they can see your full menu. This is extremely exciting to have handy...but if your menu is not in, chances are they are moving to the next truck.
Please remember that to update Infrastruckture if you are serving completely different at the factory than in a public Market. If you are using the standard public sale menu, be sure that you are adding full description and photos.
Here are some best practices!
- Name your menu Tesla so it's easier to remember what to update
- Include ingredients to make it more appealing
- People tend to eat with their eyes, so please add a photo
- Update your menu if you 86 and item. Nothing is more disappointing than not finding what you planned to order
- Include one item that is $10 or less that includes a protein.
- *This has been a request we have constantly received from employees
If you are having trouble uploading a menu, please contact your Customer Success Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Tesla Menu.