If you are interested in participating in the OMCA Market, be aware the new rules have been implemented by the Oakland Fire Department. You will now be required to obtain a fire inspection to participate in any event at Oakland. Cost for inspection permit is $339.
These are the requirements to be prepared for inspection:
- Hood & Duct Ansul System with a K type extinguisher - serviced every 6 months, tag showing dates of service.
- Companies in The Bay that can help you stay compliant: http://www.bayareafireprotection.com/
- 2a10bc fire extinguisher - tagged with expiration
- Soap water spray bottle to check for leaks
- Spray the connecting hose line between LPG tanks to look for leaks
- Rigs NEED to be clean (grease around the truck can cause fires)
- Following documents must be onsite
- Alameda Health Permit
- Oakland City Business License
- CA Drivers License
- Oakland Vending Permit
Please contact the Oakland Fire Department to book a time for inspection.
Make an appointment at your convenience by calling the Oakland Fire Department
Fire Prevention Bureau - (510) 238 - 3851
Before your arrival at your inspection, please make sure you do the following:
- You will need to make a payment before scheduling a fire inspection at Oakland City Hall
- Cost for this inspection is $339
- Payments will need to be made to the City of Oakland at Oakland City Hall, located at 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612
You will not be able to make any payments onsite the day of the inspection, all payments must be made before the appointment
From the Oakland Fire Department:
The Oakland Fire Department has begun to inspect all food trucks and commissary trucks for gas systems and fire prevention safety measures. Vendors must apply with the Department of Fire Prevention for an inspection and Fire Clearance. Vendors selected by the City for a food vending permit will only be issued the permit when the vehicle has received a Fire Clearance from the Fire Department. Click here to visit the Fire Prevention web page.