Apple Pay - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I don’t have any of the hardware to participate?
We got your back! Talk to your Creator Success Manager about more options.
2. Do I have to pay any additional fees to use ApplePay?
Not at all! ApplePay has the same rate cost as any other credit card transaction.
5. What is NFC?
Check out this article to find out! https://squareup.com/guides/
5. Why does Apple need permission to access my reports? (FMC and Competition creators only)
Because you are able to accept any contactless payments, Apple Pay cannot differentiate the type of payment when looking at reporting. Apple and Square have a great partnership and can find that information together, but we need your consent first.
6. Will they have access to every single report outside of OTG?
Absolutely not. Apple Pay only wants to find how many real transactions happened using an Apple device. This way we know if people are using their technology.
7. What if my hardware breaks during service?
Please let a market supervisor know to let you borrow a reader until the shift ends.
9. Where can I view these types of payment methods?
- Log into Square
- Click on Reports
- Click on Payment Methods > Contactless Payments
- You should now be able to view all your payments
10. What if I forget my chip reader?
We will have extras to let you borrow them and must be returned at the end of the night. Failure to do so may cost you the price of the chip reader. ($49 retail price)
13. What are Apple Pay stickers?
There are a way to promote that you accept this payment. If you do not have one, please let the market supervisor know to give you one. These must be present at your window for the duration of the shift.
14. What if the window sticker you provided gets damaged?
Let the Market ops team know, they can provide you with a new sticker.