Apple Pay - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I don’t have any of the hardware to participate?
We got your back! Talk to your Customer Success Manager about more options.
2. Do I have to pay any additional fees to use ApplePay?
Not at all! ApplePay has the same 2.75% rate cost as any other credit card transaction.
3. Do I have to set this up myself?
The Customer Success Team will be there to assist you with setting up Apple Pay the first few weeks and train your staff on how to easily plug and play.
4. Does this mean I can’t accept Android or Google Pay at the FMC Market?
No, as long as you have NFC, you are able to accept any contactless payment. You just can't advertise you accept Android or Google Pay.
5. What is NFC?
Check out this article to find out! https://squareup.com/guides/nfc
5. Why does Apple need permission to access my reports?
Because you are able accept any contactless payments, ApplePay cannot differentiate the type of payment when looking at reporting. Apple and Square have a great partnership, and can find that information together, but we need your consent first.
6. Will they have access to every single report outside of OTG?
Absolutely not. ApplePay only wants to find how many real transactions happened using an Apple device. This way we know if people are using their technology.
7. What if my hardware breaks?
If we purchased the hardware for you, we will not be able to purchase you a new one and you will be required to replace it to use it at FMC.
8. What if I get a chargeback from someone using ApplePay?
Let your Customer Success Manager know.
9. Where can I view these types of payment methods?
- Log into Square
- Click on Reports
- Click on Payment Methods > Contactless Payments
- You should now be able to view all your payments
10. What do I do with the hardware provided after FMC shift ends?
No, you can keep it. Just make sure you have it and are using the hardware at every FMC service.
11. Do we get to keep the hardware once the FMC Season is complete?
It’s yours to keep!
12. Why do I have to hide other types of digital payments?
The partnership with Apple states we are unable to promote other types of payment, but you will be able to accept them.
13. What if the window sticker you provided gets damaged?
Let the Market ops team know, they can provide you with a new sticker.