Off the Grid is always looking for ways to make the journey at our markets effortless so you can concentrate on what matters the most, making memories. This is why this year we have partnered with Apple Pay to make paying easy, faster, and tech forward. After all, Off the Grid was born in San Francisco Bay, home some of the biggest tech champions of the world.
A customer journey is: From the moment a customer searches your business, to the moment you are completing that sale with your Guest. A journey is more than a transaction, it's an experience.
Benefits of ApplePay
- Lines will move faster since payment will process within 10 seconds
- More time connecting with the Guest, opportunity to upsell
- No chargebacks when using ApplePay because of secure payment
- The same rate that using a credit card
- Provide a memorable experience for the Guest using Technology
- Showcase San Francisco Bay in one event (community, GGB, Technology, Food, Great people)
What we need from you:
- Full commitment to participate in this partnership
- Must have an NFC friendly POS
- NFC is the chip card reader. If you accept chip cards, you have NFC
- If you do not have a chip card reader, we can help provide you with one
- NFC must be visible to the Guest the moment they approach the food truck/Tent/Cubert
- Here are schematics on how to put together the chip reader on your food truck/tent
- Chip equipment must be reachable to tap your phone to pay
- Logos of all other contactless payments must be covered, but you can still accept them
- You may have a small sticker of Android or Google pay. They will need to be covered
- A simple sticky note to hide is ok
- The payment will still be accepted when the Guest taps their device
- Apple will require data of all contactless payments simply for reporting
- If you take any payment that is not Apple you will be fine. Apple simply wants to know how many came from Apple devices
- Square will provide an only quantity of contactless payment information to Apple
- No credit card numbers, emails, or names will be shared
We will provide:
- Marketing will provide ApplePay collateral with instructions on placement around your truck/tent
- Your Customer Success Manager will be calling you to find out what type of hardware from Square you currently own
- If you don’t have the appropriate hardware, let your Customer Success Manager know for more options
- A member of the Customer Success Management team will help you get everything set up the first few weeks
- They will also provide a diagram of how to connect and set up the additional
- AppleyPay Support
- Please troubleshoot hardware with the steps provided on this link
- If your hardware continues to fail while in service, please let a Market Supervisor know to troubleshoot or provide you with a backup
- If the hardware fully fails, please let your Customer Success Manager know in order to further troubleshooting
Apple will fully reimburse the discounts given during those two hours. The Creator must screenshot only the discounts given during that time and submit them to your Customer Success Manager for reimbursement. The report must be submitted within 3 business days after the event. It will take up to 5 business days to receive your reimbursement after the event.
Please send screenshots to email@example.com
Apple Pay for your Guest:
Add a card on your iPhone
- Go to Wallet and tap .
- Follow the steps to add a new card. Watch the demo to see how it works. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, cards on other devices, or cards that you’ve recently removed, choose them, then enter the card security codes.
- Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can use your card with Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to Wallet and tap your card.
- After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.
Get help adding your card to Wallet.
Video by Apple Pay. Click here to view more.