Off the Grid is always looking for ways to make the journey at our markets effortless so you can concentrate on what matters the most, making memories. This is why this year we have partnered with Apple Pay to make paying easy, faster, and tech-forward. After all, Off the Grid was born in San Francisco Bay, home some of the biggest tech champions of the world.
A customer journey is: From the moment a customer searches your business, to the moment you are completing that sale with your Guest. A journey is more than a transaction, it's an experience.
Benefits of ApplePay
- Lines will move faster since payment will process within 10 seconds
- More time connecting with the Guest, opportunity to upsell
- No chargebacks when using ApplePay because of secure payment
- The same rate using a credit card
- Provide a memorable experience for the Guest using Technology
- Showcase San Francisco Bay in one event (community, GGB, Technology, Food, Great people)
What we need from you:
- Full commitment to participate in this partnership
- Must have an NFC friendly POS
- NFC is the chip card reader. If you accept chip cards, you have NFC
- If you are using square and can take a chip card reader, you are also able to accept Apple
- If you are unsure of what hardware you have, please contact your CSM
- If you don’t have the appropriate hardware, let your CSM know for more options
- Apple will require data of all contactless payments simply for reporting (FMC or competition creators only)
- If you take any payment that is not Apple you will be fine. Apple simply wants to know how many came from Apple devices
- Square will provide an only quantity of contactless payment information to Apple
- No credit card numbers, emails, or names will be shared
APPLE PAY OFFERS AT MARKETS
A market supervisor will ensure you have two types of ApplePay collateral to place on your truck or blade signs next to Cubert. If you don't have one, please let them know for help. If you need help with placement, please let the supervisor on site know.
Lunch Markets Offers
San Francisco lunch markets will select a market monthly to provide guests with a 20% discount when using Apple Pay. The entire amount will be reimbursed to you, we will simply need to know your discounts. Please provide the discount amount to the onsite supervisor at the end of your shift.
Fort Mason Center
Creators will be chosen to provide a discount a week before the event, please make sure you confirm with the events team when you are selected! The day of the event, there will be a wind master by your mobile asset letting guests know that your business is the offer of the day. Please provide the market supervisor with your discounts at the end of the night.
At the end of your shift, please provide the market supervisor with the number of discounts. This amount will be reimbursed to you 5 - 7 business days. If you reach an error in your reimbursement, please make sure to contact your Creator Success Manager.
Please send screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appley Pay Support
APPLE PAY FOR GUESTS
Add a card on your iPhone
- Go to Wallet and tap .
- Follow the steps to add a new card. Watch the demo to see how it works. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, cards on other devices, or cards that you’ve recently removed, choose them, then enter the card security codes.
- Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will verify your information and decide if you can use your card with Apple Pay. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask you for it. When you have the information, go back to Wallet and tap your card.
- After your bank or issuer verifies your card, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.
Get help adding your card to Wallet.
Video by Apple Pay. Click here to view more.