Equipment and Supplies
I am a Cubert Creator, do I still need to bring an additional tent?
Off the Grid will be providing the Cubert and signage for the entirety of the season, you will not be required to bring an additional tent.
What else are we required to provide?
Creators are required to provide the following:
- Menu boards
- First aid kit
- PH strips to test your sanitizer
- Soap and compostable hand towels
- Meat thermometer
- Tarps for floor (Cubert)
- Three-part ware-washing basins (if you are not using Cubert's 3 compartment sinks)
- Gravity-fed Hand washing system (if you are not using Cubert's hand washing sink)
Where does Off the Grid recommend purchasing these items?
Three-part ware-washing basins: http://www.uline.com/BL_188/Tote-Boxes?keywords=dish%20bins
Gravity-fed hand washing system: http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-12768/Jugs/5-Gallon-Carboy
Do all serving containers and utensils have to be compostable?
Yes, all containers, utensils, cups, plates, etc. have to be compostable.
Where is the best place to buy the compostable items?
The following websites offer compostable materials:
- Let’s Go Green: http://letsgogreen.biz/
- Eco Products: http://www.ecoproducts.com/
- Webstaurant Store: https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search/compostable.html
Am I responsible for the waste my tent/truck generates?
Yes, you are responsible for disposing of all food waste, grey water, etc. off site from Fort Mason Center. Dumping of any material on site is strictly forbidden. It will result in a fine ($350) and could jeopardize your market contract.
What about waste that is generated by guests in the event space?
Customer waste generated during market hours will be disposed of by Off the Grid.