Fire Relief FAQs
1. When will I receive my order?
Orders will be sent to creators within 24 hours of delivery date. This includes number of meals, meal type dietary restrictions,
2. Can I receive my order sooner than 24 hours?
Due to this being a natural disaster, logistics can change very quickly. Meaning the number of recipients can drastically increase or decrease within 24 hours. 24 hours allows Off the Grid and the Food Responders to feed as many people in need as possible. This is something to consider when coming up with your menu.
3. Will I be required to deliver my meals? Where will I deliver my meals?
Yes, you must be able to deliver your meals. Delivery will be at various locations. Delivery location(s) will be included in the booking email that you receive. Location examples are hotels/motels, emergency shelters, farms, disaster zones, etc.
4. How many meals will I be preparing?
You will be preparing anywhere from 30-200 meals depending on the order.
1. What meal type are the meals? Are they hot or cold meals?
Lunch or dinner unless breakfast is requested. You will be delivering hot meals unless specified otherwise.
2. Will I be feeding the same people?
Possibly, so it's important to switch up your menu items. Some recipients are evacuated for weeks and even sometimes months.
3. Will there be any dietary restrictions?
There will be some recipients that will need accommodations for. Dietary restrictions that must be accommodated are: Vegetarian/Vegan, No Pork or Red Meat, Soft Diet, Low Salt/Diabetic, No Nuts, No Shellfish, No Dairy/Eggs, No Gluten, No Soy.
4. Does my menu need to be approved by Off the Grid?
Off the Grid gives restaurants the freedom to create their own menus but you will be required to send your menu prior to drop off. The only requirements are: Meals must follow meal guidelines & dietary restrictions must be accommodated. Meal guidelines will be shared at the time of on-boarding.
5. What does the meal need to include?
Each meal will include a bottle of water & utensils.
1. Do I need to label the meals?
Yes, meals must be labeled with the following information: restaurant name, name of dish, ingredients, allergens, reheat instructions & best by date. Labeling and packaging guidelines will be shared during the on-boarding process.
1. How much will I be paid per meal?
Payout for the creator ranges from $7-11 dependent on these three factors:
- order volume
- portion size (10oz or 14oz)
- delivery need
2. Do I need to send Off the Grid an invoice?
You do not need to invoice Off the Grid. Since we already know the number of meals that you are providing, we will pay you based on the confirmed amount when booked.
3. How will I get paid?
You will get paid electronically. This will be set up during the time of on-boarding with our Accounting team.
4. When will I receive payment for the meals?
Payment will be processed within 7-10 business days. Please allow for bank processing time.